Our commitment to your privacy
- How and why we collect certain information from you via the Website;
- How we use and with whom we share such information;
- How you can access and update such information; and
- The choices you can make about how we collect, use and share your information.
Information we collect
Registration Information - In order to register for a Website Account, you must provide the following information:
- Your email address (which must be a functioning email address)
- A password
- A username
- Your shipping address
We will not share or publicly expose this information.
Non-Personal Information - We also collect aggregate, non-personally identifiable information about you and your use of the Website, as described in more detail below, including by using "cookies," web beacons, local shared objects, or other types of tracking technology.
How we collect information about you
We may collect Personal Information and Non-Personal Information about you in any one or more of the following ways:
Registering Your Account
In order to use the Website, you must first create a user account ("Account"). During registration, you are required to provide an email address and to create a password (your "Registration Information").
Student profiles are not visible to any site visitor except their parents.
Public display and Site communications features
The Website operates as a closed system between parents and their children. There is no public display of any of your personal information or site communications.
Cookies and automated non-personal information collection
We use a technology referred to as "cookies" (or other similar technology), which are pieces of data on your computer tied to information about you which recognize you as a return user of the Website and help to provide a more personalized experience.
Like most standard website servers, we collect certain types of technical "Non Personal Information", including internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser types, the referring domain, pages visited, search terms internet service providers (ISPs), and the number of clicks. We may also use web beacons, which allow us to know if a certain page was visited, an email was opened, or if ad banners on our website and other sites were effective.
How we use information collected from you
We may use Personal Information and Non-Personal Information collected from you in any one or more of the following ways:
How We Use Your Personal Information – the Personal Information we collect may be used as follows:
- To register and service your Account;
- For our internal records, tracking and business purposes;
- In order to contact you to respond to your questions or requests or to provide you with technical support;
- To provide you with information regarding changes to the Website which may affect your Account, your use of the Website, and/or the products and services available through the Website;
- To customize advertising that may be visible to you on the Website; and
How We Use Your Non-Personal Information - Non-Personal Information collected from you is used for various purposes, such as:
- To improve our products and services;
- To customize the user experience of the Website;
- To administer the Website;
- To analyze trends, track user movement and gather statistical information for aggregate use; and
- To customize advertising that may be visible to you on the Website.
Sharing your information
The information included on your profile will not be visible to other users and visitors to the Website. Your information may be shared as follows:
- Safety, Security and Compliance with Law: We may disclose any information, including Personal Information, we deem necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to enforce our rights or to protect the safety and security of our Website or other users.
- Business Transfers: In the event AllowanceTree undergoes a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, we may transfer your Personal Information to the successor organization in such transaction. If material changes to AllowanceTree’s privacy practices will occur as a result of the business transition, AllowanceTree will attempt to notify you via email and will post a notice on the Website alerting you to the business transition prior to transferring your Personal Information so that we can elect whether to delete your account.
- To Service Providers Performing Services on Our Behalf: We may contract with third party companies to perform services on our behalf, including marketing assistance, e-mail delivery, hosting services, customer service, and data analysis. We require any third party service providers to maintain the confidentiality of the information disclosed to them and are not permitted to use your Personal Information for any purpose other than to provide services to AllowanceTree.
How to access and update your information
You can access and update the information that you have provided to AllowanceTree as follows:
- You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and request to review, amend or delete your Personal Information collected by us, and/or request us to cease collecting Personal Information from you in the future.
- If you have created an Account, you may review and make changes to certain of your Personal Information and Non-Personal Information by logging into your Account and updating your Account profile.
Links to third party web sites
Our policy towards children
This Website is intended for use by parents and their children ages 11 to 18. All personal information entered on the site is assumed to be entered by parents or with parental consent.
Security of your information
We implement reasonable administrative, technical and physical security measures to protect the security of your information both online and offline, and we are committed to the protection of customer information. In general, our business practices limit employee access to confidential information to those employees we reasonably believe need such information do their jobs.
Your User Account information is protected by the password you use to access your online account. It is important that you protect and maintain the security of your User Account and that you immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your User Account
While we take reasonable precautions against possible security breaches of the Website, no website or Internet transmission is completely secure, and we cannot guarantee that unauthorized access, hacking, data loss, or other breaches will never occur. We urge you to take steps to keep your Personal Information safe (including your User Account password), and log out of your User Account after use.
Changes to this policy